St. Louis Injury
Few people would contact an attorney after sustaining cuts and bruises from an accident—even if that accident was caused by the negligence of someone else. But, every day, individuals cause moderate to severe injuries to others. Consider these statistics:
- Medical malpractice: The sixth leading cause of death in the United States involves preventable medical errors, accounting for approximately 98,000 deaths annually. An estimated 15 million incidents of medical malpractice causing injury occur each year.
- Auto vehicle accidents: In 2008 alone, Missouri roads saw almost 1,000 traffic fatalities, and a total of almost 14,000 injury crashes.
- Products liability: In 2008, Missouri products liability insurance companies settled over 600 claims, mostly pertaining to injury from production defects, design flaws, and hazardous material exposure.
Regardless of the type of accident, anyone who has been injured as the result of careless actions of someone else has the right to full compensation for all expenses related to the injury and other losses.
When you need our St. Louis personal injury attorneys
In very simple situations, you might successfully handle your own claim. But, in most cases, retaining an experienced personal injury from Cervantes & Associates can make a significant difference in how well your claim is handled—and how much you recover. Our attorneys can help in many situations, including the following:
- Help with insurance claims: Once you sign a settlement offer from an insurance company, your claim is complete and cannot be re-opened, even if unexpected expenses arise later. It makes sense to have the offer reviewed by one of our skilled attorneys to ensure the settlement is fair.
- Out-of-court settlements: Some injuries require more than an insurance settlement. If your injuries are likely to take longer to heal—possibly involving missed work or even the need for assistance until recovery is complete—our attorneys can often negotiate a fair settlement with opposing attorneys.
- Jury trials: When injuries are severe, recovery may take an extensive period of time, or you can be left disabled. You may never be able to return to the job you held before the accident, and you may even require a lifetime of specialized care. Our attorneys have the skills and experience to present a strong case before a jury to pursue the full compensation you need to ensure the best possible future.
Contact an experienced St. Louis accident lawyer
When you have been injured due to the careless of someone else and are not sure if you need legal assistance, the attorneys at Cervantes & Associates can explore the options that make the most sense for your situation. Contact our St. Louis, Missouri office by calling (314) 621-6558 for a free initial consultation.